Awesome Activities for Family & Friends the Day After
Ease into the “morning after the big day” with a delicious breakfast and a great coffee. The afterglow of a heart-melting Yarra Valley wedding can last for days, so if you’re staying on a day or two, the Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges have plenty of activities that will keep the love alive!
Here’s five suggestions to fill your days:
1. Procure some fresh produce – the region is well known for its great food and you can stock up from the larders and farm gates that dot their way along the main roads and country lanes. A stop at the Yarra Valley Dairy is a must, and there are plenty of opportunities to U-Pick fresh berries, cherries and apples at the many growers on our food trail. Take home the tastes of the region!
2. A leisurely country drive – winding roads through ancient forests, mountainous curves and open fields – the Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges is a destination for road trips in our great outdoors. Try the ‘triangle’ between Healesville, Marysville and Warburton for stunning vistas, or wind your way through the hill top towns of the Dandenong Ranges.
3. Explore a cellar door– there are more than 90 wineries in the Yarra Valley and the opportunity to taste the latest vintage, or discover new varietals is right on your doorstep. From the iconic vineyards such as Immerse Winery, Oakridge or De Bortoli, to the smaller wineries where the maker is at the cellar door, there is so much to discover.
4. Garden delights – Nurseries and gardens are a feature of the region, and wonderful destinations for photography. Alowyn Gardens in Yarra Glen and the Dandenong Ranges Botanic Garden(formerly known as the National Rhododendron Gardens) in Olinda are must-sees while you are here.
5. Village delights – there are more than 50 townships/villages in the region offering you the perfect opportunity to wander the shops, find a memento of your stay, and discover quaint tucked away cafes and galleries. Enjoy a little local life as you meander.