Inspect your top wedding venues without leaving home
One of the most exciting moments in wedding planning, after finding the ‘Yes Dress’ (or outfit), is the discovery of the perfect wedding venue for your ceremony and reception.
Many couples start planning with a preferred venue in mind – a place of romantic significance such as the site of a first date, or perhaps a venue that they’ve always known was the one. Or perhaps everything is up for consideration, and it is the search that helps you nail what you really want. Typing the words ‘wedding venues’ and ‘Yarra Valley’ or ‘Dandenong Ranges’ into your browser is just the beginning.
Venue inspections come in many forms and in recent months many wedding destinations have taken the step of ‘going’ digital for inspections. This is great news for those who can’t wait, for the couples that can’t sleep at 3am and for times when travel is restricted (for reasons that can only be described as viral!). There are a host of venues in the Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges that are offering virtual inspections at any time that suits you and are only a click away.
Digital inspections give you a great taste of a venue without having to go there in person, and may be offered as:
Google 360 tour – Check out the Zonzo Estate or Projekt 3488 360 tours on their websites, where you can experience the feeling of stepping right inside the venue and surrounds exploring wherever you want to go. Look up, down and all around.
VR Tour online - Zonzo Estate’s The Grounds tour is a fabulous way to do a walk through and get a sense of the space and outlook. Zoom in for a close up.
Virtual Inspections/video call tours – This is a great option if you want to ask questions as you go along. The wedding team will walk you through showing you highlights and chatting about features as you go. Facetime or Messenger tours are generally by appointment
Walk around video – Access an ‘anytime video walk around’ of a venue. Usually found on the venues website or YouTube channel, or sent via email on enquiry. See Marybrooke Manor’s video tour as a great example.
What makes a virtual tour so valuable?
Short listing potential enquiries
• Streamline your research time, and minimise your ‘go-sees’, virtual tours are also great if you’re planning your wedding from further afield.
See a venue at its very best
• Cruise through a variety of set ups and options, check out different seasons or times of day, and examples of other weddings.
To show suppliers and vendors the ins and outs of a location
• Once you’ve decided on a venue, it’s super easy to talk through your needs and desires with suppliers with a virtual reference to work from.
Revisits for dreaming and styling
• You can only take in so much detail on an in-person site visit, so a digital tour is a great reference to have as you imagine what goes where, and how the venue is going to look with your gorgeous self in it. And you can check it out again and again, whenever you want without having to make another appointment.
Provide a sense of excitement for guests
• Sharing the digital tour with guests in advance is a great way to build even more excitement, and give guests from further away (especially overseas) an insight into where they are coming.
Many venues will offer a variety of options for you to choose from and it is often useful to do a virtual tour before a physical tour so you can be super prepared for your inspection. Happy wandering!
Venues offering virtual tours include:
Marybrooke Manor - Virtual Walk throughs can
be arranged by: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9755 2755
Chateau Wyuna – Virtual Walk throughs can
be arranged by: email@example.com or on 97362555 to make an appointment.
Projekt 3488 – 360 degree Google tour Zonzo Estate – VR Tours and 360 tours
Potters Receptions - Video call walk through by appointment and website videos
Riverstone Estate - Video call walk through by appointment and website videos
And plenty more on the offpeakweddings.com.au website!