Finding the right wedding transport might not be the first thing you have on your list of things to do to plan your day, but it can be one of the most important when it comes to your day being as easy and as comfortable as possible. Cath and Donna from Yarra Valley A2B share their top tips for planning your day, your way.
1. Get in early - From September through to end March the Yarra Valley is a very popular choice for spring and summer weddings. With only a handful of transport providers, weekend dates get booked out quickly.
2. When you send out the invites include an option for guests to choose if they would like transport to and from their accommodation. Once they return their RSVP you can then develop a list of names and their accommodation to provide to the transport company.
3. Offer guests some ‘close by’ accommodation suggestions to mak transport easier and more cost effective. For example, if you have guests spread over the entire Yarra Valley in small BnBs people will be sitting for long periods enroute to and from the venue.
4. Use a reputable, well established and experienced company. You are trusting them with your most important friends and family so check that they have appropriate insurances, accreditation and registration.
5. Cheapest isn’t always best. Have a budget in mind but remember a professional business will be able to handle any contingencies, alterations and remove any stress in getting your guests to and from your wedding. They will be worth it.
6. Ask the wedding venue for transport recommendations. Most will be able to provide you with a list of local companies to contact and will be able to advise on the ones they work with often that provide excellent service.
7. Don’t forget about family. Offering a smaller, luxury mini bus for parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters and children can be a really nice way to look after your immediate family who are not travelling in bridal cars.
8. Keep your guests hydrated. Some companies will provide bottled water to each guest for the return journey. You want your family and friends to have the best experience from when they get collected to when they get back home.
9. Choose a company that provides door-to-door service. Leaving guest to navigate their way to central pick up and return locations can be difficult, especially in high heels or bad weather when they are unfamiliar with the area. The best transport companies will provid you with a personalised run sheet so every guest will know when they will be collected from their accommodation to be on time for your special day. The transport provider can even text pick up reminders on the day.
10. Consider a company that can offer transport to take children or older guests back to accommodation earlier. This gives great flexibility for everyone to enjoy the whole reception.
Meet Donna and Cath
Donna and Cath established Yarra Valley A2B to provide safe and caring transport in the Yarra Valley for the most important people in the world – yo and your wedding guests! Their mission is to ensure everyone has a great experience from the moment they are picked up until they are returned to their door. This dynamic couple are the perfect combination of attention to detail and service beyond expectations. They are true ambassadors for the region and love sharing their love for the amenities that make every guest feel special. Their mantra is ‘You are the centre of our everything’ and they love playing their part in making memories on your big day.