Congratulations to the newly engaged!
Planning your Dandenong Ranges or Yarra Valley wedding can be one of the most exciting times of your life. You want to create the most amazing day; however, sometimes getting all the places and services you want lined up for the same day can be stressful. Planning an Off Peak Wedding may give you greater choice of dates and venues (some venues are booked out years in advance on weekends), and let you budget so you can still make a deposit for that house you’re dreaming of!
It’s time to think outside the square. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Get married when it’s not so busy – how about from June to August?
- Monday to Thursday weddings are fabulous – who said weddings had to be on the weekend?
- Choose an amazing venue in the Yarra Valley or Dandenong Ranges – just perfect at this time of year. Always admired the grand mansions of the Dandenongs?
- Consider an outdoor wedding – how about in our amazing bush, followed by a celebratory meal in a local restaurant?
- Get hitched sooner rather than later. Celebrants in the area are often available at short notice. You could consider a ‘Legals Only’ Wedding – reducing costs even more.
Most Dandenong ranges and Yarra Valley wedding suppliers welcome an Off Peak Wedding with open arms – and they’ve got all the time to make sure your day is exactly how you want it. Take the stress out of the planning – bring back the joy and excitement!
Looking for a simpler way to get married?
In a ‘Legals Only’ wedding all the ceremonial essentials are covered with the minimum of fuss. The couple must be present and there can be up to 8 guests (including 2 witnesses). Couples can add their personal vows, and all other details will be taken care of by the celebrant including:
- Signing of Notice of Intended Marriage one month before wedding
- Basic legal requirements under the Marriage Act (including the Monitum i.e. what the Celebrant must say – and the one sentence each party to the marriage must say)
- Signing of all legal documents
- Submission of all paperwork to Births, Deaths & Marriages
Gorgeous backdrops and panoramic views Dandenong Ranges wedding photos
- Pirianda Gardens – Olinda
- Emerald Park Lake – Emerald
- Mt Dandenong Arboretum – Mt Dandenong
- Tesselaar (especially during Kabloom festival in April)
- SkyHigh – Mt Dandenong
- Cloudehill Gardens (by arrangement) – Olinda
- John Hills Reserve Lookout Trig Point – Kallista
Note permission may be needed for some locations. Fees may apply. See Parks Victoria Website