Less stuff, more love. Simple, stress-free weddings have a lot in common with an eco-sustainable approach to your big day. Pare back and focus on what is truly needed. Save on costs, save on unnecessary stuff and do a little towards saving the environment on your wedding day.
Start with some simple ideas, or create a low impact wedding that reflects the eco-warriors that you are!
1. Eco friendly wines – choose locally produced, hand crafted wines made with minimal intervention
2. Make your own natural confetti with a hole punch and native leaves, dried flowers/herbs
3. Ask guests to walk or cycle to the wedding, or provide green transport options
4. Sign up to a gift register that benefits your favourite cause
5. Choose recyclable and biodegradable crockery and cutlery, or simply use glass (wash and recycle)
6. Donate reception leftovers to a local soup kitchen and avoid wastage
7. Go for minimal impact with digital invites and updates – avoid printing
8. Hire your wedding dress or bridal party outfits instead of buying – flowers too!
9. Check your Food Miles – Can you source produce locally, does your venue use local produce, wild foods or foraged produce, can you offer vegan and vegetarian?
10. Gift all your guests with a reusable water bottle for the day they can keep as a memento – who said bonbonniere was old fashioned?